Status 1996 (ugly)
Again, Welcome to my homepage about one of the most unique
game-consoles ever !! THE VECTREX !!
Dear VECTREX-Fans, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Kristof
Tuts and I'm living in Belgium (Europe).
Since 1996 (it has been that long already, I know), I've been programming
games on the VECTREX..
OK,OK, first there are
some things to settle here :
First of all I have to thank you all soo much for your extremely long
patience with me !
As you might know, I'm a very slow guy if it comes down to
vectrex-programming ! So, still all my tributes and congratulations to guys
like Alex aka Vectorzoa or John Dondzilla and all those others out there who
program new games at a much higher pace then I do. So, If you ever might
observe that, when nothing happens on this site for 6 months or even after a
year, don't worry ! I'm still busy in programming vectrex-games !
- Name : Kristof Tuts
- Country : BELGIUM (EUROPE)
- Date of Birth : 26 august
- Profession : electronics engineer
- Started with
VECTREX-programming : end of 1996
The main-reasons for me to program games on a VECTREX are:
1) I have sooo many good memories on those vectrex-ages (1982--1985) in my
2) The VECTREX has something unique that no other game-console has :
3) I love motorola CPU assembler ! (You can do everything with it)
4) I love classic games (see 1)..
5) it gives me a thrill to push the boundaries of the amount of vector-drawings
on a vectrex (this wants to say TIMING OPTIMISING !!)
6) despite its short lifetime, the VECTREX created (and still does) a very
unique atmosphere of game-playing and the delivered games were the best games
that were easy, but also really addicting to play.
7) Al in all, itís a very nice platform to program on: not many titles were
released back in the day, so we have plenty of games that are waiting for a
portation on the vectrex !